- To get started, create your FREE account at Quizizz.com.
- As a teacher, you have the option of choosing a quiz from the online community, or you can create your own quiz. I especially like that hovering over a quiz gives you an at-a-glance preview of the questions, so you can quickly determine if it fits your needs. If you select the quiz, you get a preview list that shows all questions and answer choices.
- If you choose to create your own quiz, the process is simple and fast. Quiz creation happens in split screen. Meaning, as you type your question items (multiple choice or true/false, with or without an attached image), you are also seeing what the question item will look like for students. You also have the option to set the response time limit anywhere from 5 seconds to 5 minutes for each question.
Playing the Game
- Much like Kahoot, students use a code to join your quiz, so there is no need to create student accounts, and there is no app to download.
- Choose the quiz you want to administer, and select your options such as jumbling question order for students, showing/hiding the leaderboard, show memes after each question, etc.
- Once you proceed, students navigate to join.quizizz.com and enter the quiz code projected on the screen. Once everyone is in, you’re ready to start the quiz.
- Quizzes are self-paced. When participants finish the quiz, they have the option to review their answers while they wait on others to finish.
- As a teacher, you can download the student responses in to an Excel spreadsheet. The spreadsheet provides data not only on the class as a whole, but also for individual students.
- Do you plan certain subjects or lessons for your team?
- After you create your quiz, share the link with your team members.
- Want to challenge another class?
- Share the join code with the other class. Since all questions, answer choices, and leaderboard rankings appear on the student devices, players don't need to be in the same room.
- Want students to get to the join page faster?
- When they visit the join page for the first time (on an iOS device), have them add the link to their home screen for easy access next time.
- Have a feature suggestion for Quizizz?
- Tweet them @quizizz and let them know! They welcome teacher feedback.