Monday, March 26, 2012

20,000 Books in the Palm of Your Hand!

Ok. Maybe 20,000 books is a bit of an exaggeration… but would you believe 3,000? 5,000? Depending on the eReader, it is possible to carry thousands of books on a device that weighs less than one pound! That’s pretty cool! Want to customize your reading experience? No problem! You can change the font style and size to suit your needs. With the variety of eReaders and tablets on the market, it’s not a question of IF but WHEN you will read eBooks. For poolside reading, it's hard to beat a good paperback. But when it comes to everyday use and factors like convenience and portability, the eReader is the clear choice! I love my iPad. What mobile device do you use? Why did you choose it? How are you using it? Post a comment... we would love to hear from you!

Free Reading Apps: Kindle or Nook? Yes, there’s an app for that. Did you know that you can download the Nook app for iPad, iPhone, Android, PC, or Mac? Most apps can be downloaded for multiple devices. Here’s a few reading apps that are worth checking out: Nook     Kindle     iBooks     Stanza  

Free eBooks:
Project Gutenberg- http://www.gutenberg.org/
Feedbooks-  http://www.feedbooks.com/publicdomain
Manybooks- http://manybooks.net/
Open Library- http://openlibrary.org/
Google Play-
https://play.google.com/store/books/collection/topselling_free?feature=topselling-free

If you have a favorite site for free eBooks, please add it to our list. Happy Reading!

Web Resources of the Week:
Want to recycle your books? Swap a book using booksfreeswap
Would you like more information about eReaders and free eBooks? Check out Mobile Read Wiki. 

Tip of the Week: For the iPhone or iPhone User>In Safari
Did you know… by tapping and holding the .com button, Safari will offer you shortcuts for .org, .net, .edu, and more. 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for this info. When I come up for air, I will definitely check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I don’t have an eReader at all – and I LOVE hardbacks the best. They just feel good in your hands.

    My iPhone has aps available for both Kindle and Nook, but I have a limited data plan, so I hesitate to use them, especially if I have to pay for the book. (I’m not really cheap – just at an expensive stage of life.) Besides, we have 12,000 titles I can read here for free!

    I’ve had a bad habit in the past of ordering too many books off of Amazon with that one-click feature!

    Sincerely,
    The ultimate fiscal conservative

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip of the week and the free ebooks!
    I have an iPhone and am interested in using Safari in a more efficient way.I also have a Kindle and use it for travel mainly. I love to hold a book, but I am really enjoying the ease of using the Kindle.

    Leslie Walker

    ReplyDelete
  4. My brother did some research on Kindle, and found that after a certain amount of time, books are deleted, even if you have purchased them.

    Which is why he chose a different e-reader.

    Weird, huh?

    Amy Adams

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazon has over 100 free Kindle books available at any one time. The selection changes frequently. The site makes it so easy to download the app for your PC, iPhone, iPad,or other smart device. When I first learned of this about a month ago, I immediately downloaded 28 books on my computer. Then, when I installed the mobile apps, the books automatically showed up. I read one entire book that weekend....one more book than I would have read. I may become a book reader yet. The most exciting part for me was that if I stopped reading on my phone, my iPad told me where I had left off and took me to that page. Cool.

    ReplyDelete