Edmodo can turn your classroom into a fun, interactive, and engaged environment for students where learning is real and authentic. Watch students flourish in this social environment.
What is Edmodo? (via Thomas Scheeler...follow him on Twitter @tscheeler)
- Edmodo is a FREE, secure, social learning platform for teachers, students, parents, and schools.
- Edmodo provides teachers and students with a secure and easy way to post classroom materials, share links and videos, and access homework, grade and school notices.
- Teachers and students can store and share all forms of digital content - blogs, links, pictures, video, documents, presentations, and more.
- 6th grade DIS math teacher Chris Underwood says:
- "Edmodo has been an absolutely amazing extension to my classroom. It allows for additional collaboration between students as well as keeping me in touch with my students when we are not in the same classroom. I have been looking for a platform to extend the learning beyond the time I see my students everyday and Edmodo has been the answer to that dream. This was my first year implementing it and my students have fully embraced it. I look forward to continuing to use this medium to enhance the learning that takes place in my classroom."
- 6th grade math students of Mr. Underwood say:
- "I like Edmodo because I can always get an answer if I have a question and we can talk about things that are happening in our classroom. We can just talk and communicate to grow in our relationships with our classmates. Edmodo rocks!! ~Alyssa M.
- "It has definitely helped me because I can remember a lot of times when I didn't understand our homework and I used Edmodo to contact Mr. Underwood and ask questions. Edmodo really helps me. Hopefully, we'll have a website like this in 7th grade. ~ Trinity B.
- Everyone likes it; Doing your homework with ease; Making helpful comments: Our peers are very nice; Depositing info into reply boxes; Oh my gosh, it's an Acrostic poem. ~Harry P.
- 6th grade EIS math teacher Kim Anderson says:
- Edmodo is a fantastic tool to help students connect after the school day has ended. My students immediately saw the benefit of posting a homework question and then receiving help or helping another student. I would highly recommend Edmodo!"
- 6th grade math students from EIS say:
- "It is much easier to get help and hints, and it is also fun to use. You don't have to go in early to get help, you can use Edmodo!" ~Whitney C.
- "It's a great way to get help on homework. You aren't getting help from a strangers, so you know it's safe." ~Ainsley P.
- "I like the idea that you can ask for help from a teacher or other students from home!" ~Chandler H.
- "I love Edmodo because it really helps me with homework and ever since I starting using it my homework grades have been phenomenal." ~Annie M.
- "Really simple to use, and it has helped me a lot, just like a teacher being right by my side helping me." ~Gretchen C.
Download the Edmodo App from iTunes or the Android store for FREE. Use your mobile device to send notes, submit assignments, post replies, and check messages while away from the classroom. Click here to download the iOS app.
Website of the week:
Be sure to check out the Edmodo website to sign up for a FREE teacher account. Watch this parent presentation video to learn more about the basics of Edmodo: