Have you heard about InstaGrok?
• It is free and specifically made for education. (Creating a login/free account gives you more options and of course there is a paid version with even more options.)
• It is interactive and it is NOT flash-based so it works on the iPad.
• The Quiz tool provides classroom-ready questions on your search term. Have the students take the quiz or use the questions to add to your own quizzes.
• Results can be customized using a “difficulty slider” in the upper right-hand corner. The difficulty slider ranges from Elementary Level to Einstein level.
• Results are filtered and safe.
• Groks can be shared and embedded into your blog, website, etc.
Ideas for Classroom Use
• Create an interactive mind-mapping tool
• Curate information
• Really learn vocabulary words
• Explore complicated ideas
• Find images and videos in one click
• Allow for self-assessment through the quiz feature
• Teach students how to narrow down search results
For More Information
To read more about InstaGrok, click here or try it out and let us know what you think. Finally, a big shout out to Angie Bakke... thanks for sharing!