How can Padlet be used in the classroom?
What you need to know to get started:
- Click the wheel to access settings for your board. You can add a title and description for your wall, and change the board's background.
- Layouts: Streaming looks much like a Twitter feed with posts placed one below the other. Freeform allows posts to be placed and manipulated anywhere on the wall.
- Your wall is accessed through a unique URL. Students do not need an account to access or post.
- Privacy Options: Walls can be public or private and could require a password to access if you choose. You can also adjust the rights for users depending on your needs. Users can be set to read only or you can allow them to post to the wall.
- Walls can be shared or saved in a variety of ways (social media, export as a PDF or image, embed in a blog or website).
What can be posted to the boards?
- Double clicking anywhere on the wall will create a post.
- You can type text, use a webcam to take a picture, insert web links, images, documents, or video. You can also drag and drop files to the wall.
- Posts can be easily deleted by clicking the trash can.
- Moderation: If you choose to moderate posts you will need to approve each post before they can go live on the page.
Are you a Google Chrome user? Get Padlet's Chrome App!