- Not an app; it is a website but you can add to your iPad screen from Safari
- For math quizzes
- You can make your own quizzes (if you have an account) or use quizzes that are already made
- Great differentiation (number of questions, level, time)
- Topics include (but are not limited to): time, money, arithmetic, shapes, number lines, place value
- Free app
- Like Kahoot BUT…
- Students work at their own pace (able to change the time length)
- You can turn music on/off
- The questions and answer choices are on the student individual iPad (not on your board like Kahoot)
- Questions go in different orders
- You can have the questions and answer choice read aloud to the students (so awesome!)
- Takes the “race” aspect out of the game (in contrast to Kahoot)
With Quizizz, it is not a race, and the students are working on their individual iPad to answer and read the questions (rather than looking on the board for the question). The students love it just as much as Kahoot!
Virtual Manipulative Apps (all free)
- Number Pieces
- Money Pieces
- Number Rack
- Pattern Shapes
- Pieces Basic
- Click here for more great apps to use for math
Here is an example of students have done:
- Used the app “Pieces Basic” and made a number using tens and ones blocks.
- Took a screenshot, went to Popplet, uploaded the screenshot, and added more text to describe their blocks.
- Saved the Popplet and uploaded to Seesaw…
- Free app
- Make your photos, friends, or drawings talk (students take a photo, draw a line over the mouth and record their voice...then save and share on Seesaw…app-smashing!!)
The students then drew a portrait of the Famous American. Students took an iPad, took a picture of their drawing, drew a line over the mouth, and recorded their voice acting like they were that Famous American, saved it, then uploaded to Seesaw! Click here for an example.
- Free app
- Safe news site for kids to use
- Can change the Lexile reading level (there is a writing prompt and quiz to go along with the article)
- Can change grade levels
- News Article writing template free on Teacher Pay Teachers
Draw and Tell
- Free App
- Cn be used for telling stories: draw, color, and record voice
- Create a story: talk about your drawing or tell a story, move the stickers as you talk, save drawings with recordings, and then upload to Seesaw…app-smashing!