Wednesday, February 22, 2017

#TCEA17 Favorite Finds

This is a guest post by Cindy Featherston, Quest teacher at Rockenbaugh Elementary.


What did I learn at TCEA? What did I not learn! The annual state technology conference always makes me excited to share and ready to try new things. One thing that I picked up from several sessions was the idea of integrating games into the curriculum. Here are some resources to some exciting new ways to integrate games and get your kids excited about learning. 
Breakout EDU
Breakout EDU is an immersive game platform for learners of all ages. In Breakout EDU games, players work collaboratively to solve a series of critical thinking puzzles in order to open a locked box. Each Breakout EDU starter kit can be used to play hundreds of games. I purchased my first box last summer to try this new idea, and my students love it. I was glad to see the co-founder of the program presenting at TCEA. Learn more by clicking here.

Bloxels 
Bloxels is a first-of-its-kind technology that enables you to build, capture, design, play and share your very own video games. Designed with blocks, a universal element of childhood play, Bloxels cultivates imagination while encouraging discovery and experimentation.

With Bloxels, you can realize your own video game ideas, build and animate original characters, develop villains, add in power-ups, and more. This would be a great new way for student to write and develop a story. Learn more by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment